Capresso 560 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder, Brushed Silver, 8.5-Ounce
Capresso – Infinity Conical Burr Grinder Elegant, timeless and user friendly design For maximum aroma and flavor retention nothing beats the Infinity Conical Burr Grinder series. Computer controlled special grinding heads cut the angles and shapes of the steel burrs to within 0.1 mm precision (1/250 of one inch). Burrs are produced as matched pairs
(as of April 19, 2020 8:20 pm PDT - Details)
Capresso – Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Elegant, timeless and user friendly design
For maximum aroma and flavor retention nothing beats the Infinity Conical Burr Grinder series. Computer controlled special grinding heads cut the angles and shapes of the steel burrs to within 0.1 mm precision (1/250 of one inch). Burrs are produced as matched pairs and are hand assembled in Switzerland for precise fit. The multiple gear motor produces the slowest grinding action (< 450 rpm) resulting in highest precision grinding from Turkish fine to percolator coarse. Lowest noise conical burr grinder.
Features & Benefits
- Extremely wide range from Turkish fine to coarse for all kinds of coffee preparation.
- Clearly marked fineness settings, 4 each for extra fine, fine, regular and coarse. A total of 16 settings.
- Commercial grade solid conical steel burrs with advanced cutting design for high precision grinding.
- Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up.
- Slowest grinding speed in its class creates less friction and heat build up preserving maximum aroma and flavor in any grind setting.
- Safety lock system.
- Upper conical burr removable for easy cleaning.
- Tight fitting ground coffee container (holds up to 4 oz. of ground coffee).
- See through bean container holds up to 8.8 oz. of beans.
- Timer can be set to grind from 5 to 60 seconds.
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop included.
- Heavy duty zinc die-cast housing.
Easy to Use
For grinding larger quantities of coffee beans for a coffee-drinking crowd, Capresso’s commercial-grade Infinity grinder handles 8-1/2 ounces of beans at a time. Sixteen different settings–four each in the four categories of extra fine, fine, regular, and coarse–let you adjust the grind to the specific blend of coffee and method of brewing. The finest setting is ideal for preparing Turkish coffee, which is a rare feature to find in a grinder. A built-in timer sets the grind for anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds so you can walk away without having to constantly press a button to continue the grinding process. The Infinity has an advanced conical burr design made of steel that is usually only found on commercial grinders. This burr design slows down the gears and reduces the amount of friction and heat to preserve coffee’s flavor and aroma. The coffee container holds up to 4 ounces of grounds and remains sealed during grinding. For safety, the bean container also needs to be locked into place for the Infinity to operate. For easy cleaning, the bean container and upper burr lift off so you can clean the grinding chamber with the included brush and wipe down the exterior housing. The conical burr grinder measures 7-2/3 by 5-2/5 by 10-4/5 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty. –Cristina Vaamonde
- 100-watt conical burr grinder with 16 grind settings. Sturdy ABS Plastic
- Commercial-grade conical burrs ensure maximum coffee flavor
- Bean container holds 8-1/2 ounces; ground container holds 4 ounces
- Built-in timer; upper conical burr removes for easy cleaning
- Measures 7-2/3 by 5-2/5 by 10-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Better taste, quality build, less noise & no dust!! I’ve been through a couple of burr grinders – the Gaggia MM and a Melitta, so when it came time to buy a new one, I knew what I didn’t want – a noisy, dusty grinder that wears out quickly. I’ve pretty much found it with the Capresso Infinity.I did some reading, and depending on what you need, it’s amazing how much you can spend for a burr grinder – they range up to $400 and beyond. The main features I was interested in, though, were available in the sub-$200 range. For my pump espresso machine, these features included: >consistent, even grind – for better tasting coffee >”reduction” gearing – where the grinder motor speed is slowed down without loosing grinding torque, resulting in less static and dust >less noise – it’s nice to have conversations while making coffee >durable, long lasting quality – I wanted to keep my third grinder for longer than a year.The Capresso Infinity has delivered on the first three…
Works very well, and thanks for the gotchas! First, I have to thank everyone who reviewed the product for warning me about some of the design issues of the product. I read reviews to look for failings in a product and then buy if the price and performance outweighs known problems.Now, the review. Five stars. Yes, you need to know where to be careful, but you’ll definitely enjoy the coffee.The important stuff. This is where you have to be careful.- Unpacking – There’s a big “PUSH” label that seems counterintuitive, but I pushed and the receiving drawer came out the back of the styrofoam. I could see how people might break this.- Assembling – the removable burr wheel needs to be seated, mine wasn’t so the hopper didn’t seem to fit. Turn the burr until it matches up to the bottom and it drops a fraction of an inch to seat. Line up the black dot on the hopper with the mark on the right and gently push down and twist. The plastic on the hopper and drawer feels weak and flimsy, but it…